We had a blast and learned a lot about each other even after 6 years of marriage we all need a time to sit and reflect and put everything back into perspective once in a while. A lot has changed in our lives just to give a little background here you go.....
1. We went to college and met there back in 2004. (Charlotte,NC)
2. My Sailor got a great job, I was still in school and graduated in 2007 when we then got married.
3. I got a job offer in Raleigh, NC , we took it and moved.
4. Stayed in NC for 5 years
5. Had a little girl in 2010
6. My Sailor joined the Navy 2011
7. Moved to SC, then FL.
8. Here we are a year in the Navy and finally stable in one place for the next couple of years. 2012/2013
Ok so back to what I was talking about the retreat was amazing. It talked about core values in a marriage how to spark the flame again and deal with deployment, love languages,communication and forgivness. All around great retreat and what was even better is that it was Christian based through the Chapel on our base and our Chaplin lead the retreat.
There are so many things that go on in your marriage that you may sometimes forget the real reason you married each other and that is what this was all about. When you are in a marriage you have to learn to grow together and not as individuals. For my Sailor and I we got married at 21 and we are now 27 years old so we have done a lot of growing together, some of it being hard but most of it being amazing. So at the end of the retreat we got to renew our VOWS!!! I was so suprised that they gave us this option but it was the best experience that I have ever had, our Chaplin said a beautiful prayer and then we said our vows again as a couple.
OMG I have been trying to do this, but they are all booked up for the classes they have and have not scheduled any for the future as of yet. I'm so glad you had a good experience. I have never heard otherwise! I hope we get to do it at some point!!
ReplyDeleteYeah we went in November and we scheduled it in June when we first arrived in Jax! We are new to the Navy life and I wanted to get a better understanding going from a civilian couple to a military couple! It was great highly suggest it!
ReplyDelete