I am very thankful to hear that Ashleigh at Find My Sea Legs nominated me for the Leibster Award! You are so sweet and I love readying your blog. I have been so behind on mine a little due to me having some medical issues going on but feeling better and back to the grind!!!
I am nominating Four Bloggers!!
Morgan at Stars, Stripes and A Military Life
Kym at Red, White and Marine Wife
Rachel at The Air Force Wife
Ashleigh at Find My Sea Legs
Got 4 out of 5 Branches of the Military! I had to bend the rules a little due to me not knowing a lot of people on here yet!
Morgan at Stars, Stripes and A Military Life
Kym at Red, White and Marine Wife
Rachel at The Air Force Wife
Ashleigh at Find My Sea Legs
Got 4 out of 5 Branches of the Military! I had to bend the rules a little due to me not knowing a lot of people on here yet!
Here are the Rules: ( IF YOU CAN FOLLOW THEM)
Answer the 11 questions asked.
Leave a link back to the blogger that nominated you.
Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate, and let them know they’ve been picked.
Write 11 new questions for them to answer.
Below are the Questions for you to Answer!
Here are the Questions for you Ladies:
1. How do you make truly awesome, great and wonderful friends on base?
2. What does your Sailor, Marine, Airman, or Solider do to make you smile?
3. What is your favorite duty station and why?
4. Favorite Vacation spot?
5. What is your favorite Uniform?
6. How did you meat your Sailor, Marine, Airman or Solider?
7. What is some advice on PCSing to another duty station?
8. What are the three things you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
9. Sweet or Salty? Or Both and what do you like?
10. Where did you Grow Up?
11. Where was your first duty station?
Here are the Questions I had to Answer for Ashleigh:
My questions for these ladies are all military related:
1. What is the best thing about military life?
A: The Best Thing to me is that I can say a have a husband that serves our country proudly and that I support him as a Military Wife. I could not ask for a better life because of him and proud he is of himself!
2. What is the hardest part about military life?
A: Always moving and having to find new friends/ Jobs and other things! But that is also a plus! I love moving just do not like leaving people you have friendships with.
3. Do you have any advice for a new military wife/girlfriend?
A: Girlfriend or Wife we all support our loved ones! I am a wife that supports the girlfriends, fiances, and other wives! Its all the same we all support someone that serves, we love them and we want to be the best for them so they can be successful. My advice is to support them as much as possible with career choices while in the service. If our men know that we are ok that is what makes them happy. We chose to be military wives/fiances/girlfriends so we should be DAMN PROUD!!
4. What do you do during during deployments/periods of seperation to help pase the time?
A: We have a two year old so she keeps me on my feet all the time but their is always down time for myself where I start to think "OK" what do I do now! LOL Well I try to of course keep the care packages going to my Sailor and I also try to capture as many moments for him while he is gone! We started a jar and we write down cool things that happen on paper and save them for when he gets home. That becomes are homecoming gift to him so he can read some of the cool things we did while he was gone!
5. What has been your favorite duty station or where would you like to get stationed?
A: I really love where we are living now! NAS JAX ( Jacksonville, FL) We have only been stationed here and Pensacola FL so we have not left the Sunshine State yet!
6. Do you have any advice on how to make moving and/or PCS easier?
A: Well the first time we did it, we ended up having to pay the Navy back because we did it wrong. But hey trial and error! LOL Advice I really liked having a DITY move ( DO IT YOURSELF) because you get to do it in your own time and your stuff is always with you. Like I said we have not moved across the US yet so that might change my decision if we have to do that!
7. What has been your biggest resource or source of information in regards to military life?
A: I love love love the Military Spouse Magazine. If you do not have a subscription get one! It is cheap and it keeps you in the loop! Also the Navy Advancement Facebook Page, and the MWR Page for NAS JAX! All are very good and keep me up to date. I also got involved with our FRG and for any spouse I would suggest that I love being involved on base its my favorite thing to do for volunteering.
8. What's one thing you wish you would have known at the beginning of your relationship with your SO?
A: Our story is a little different, we went to college then joined the Navy sooooo, we made the decision together to join the Navy. I will say I never thought I would be a Military Spouse but I love it!
9. What has been the best care package you have sent?
A: Fathers Day last year I sent him all kinds of stuff and made a really cool collage of pictures of things that we had been doing while he was away. He loved it!
10. How do you keep the romance alive in your relationship?
Well, I think and not many will agree but the being away I think helps with the romance. When he was away the first time I had no idea when I was going to talk to him so we wrote letters and numbered them because they would get to him in weird orders. Just doing that and not being able to skype of facetime really was romantic. Now at home when he is here we have a two year old lol... so it is hard to get in that romance time but he knows I love to slow dance and sometimes after we put the little one down he will turn on some music and in our pj's slow dance with me in the living room. :)
11. What's the best way to make new friends and meet new people?
A: I am actually not the best at this right now. Working full time during the day and my Sailor works nights so I am having a hard time do this, but I have made some great friends at work and also by volunteering on base!
I LOVE your sense of pride!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your answers! :)
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Head over to my blog if you want to participate :) Thank you for the nomination also!!! :)
ReplyDelete-Kym